Client: Personal Project
Made with: Microsoft Word
I am working on a passion project that introduces landscape geography to elementary school students. My intention is to provide engaging information that will introduce basic facts about a topic from nature. The assessment will be twofold, science and language arts (reading comprehension and writing)
This lesson was created entirely from Wikipedia imagery and basic facts about mountains. I used gridlines and text boxes on Microsoft Word and added unique bullets that related to the subject matter. I maintained a black and white format for the text to allow the full color imagery to stand out.
- Learn that mountains are enormous landforms found worldwide
- Become aware of the different ways mountains are formed
- Explore the unique wildlife and vegetation found in mountains.
- Recognize the cultural and recreational significance of mountains.
- Engage in discussions and reflections about mountains.
When the PDF double-sided lesson was presented to a focus group, it was very well received.
Please feel free to review the entire lesson yourself.Lesson-Plan-Exploring-Mountains-of-the-World